Friday, September 11, 2009

More on the Market Harborough Welland Ward by-election

There are reports in the Leicester Mercury and the Harborough Mail.

The full result was as follows:

Colin Davies (Lib Dem) 600 (54.8%, +7.2)

Barry Champion (Con) 373 (34.1%, +5.4)

Geoffrey Dickens (BNP) 122 (11.1%, +11.1).

Swing of 0.9% from Con to LD since 2007.

Thanks to Luke Akehurst, the only source I can find that gives the swing.

Not the absence of a Labour candidate. It's a good things the Tories and Lib Dems didn't decide to give the BNP a free run too, isn't it?

I was pleased to see Colin Davies win, not least because I knew him when we both worked for Golden Wonder in the mid 1980s.

These days my activism consists chiefly in delivering, but I did help a little with the leaflet writing this time and did some knocking up yesterday evening.

No comments: