Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Billy Brooke proves the Lib Dems can confound the pollsters

Exciting news from Battersea Dogs & Cats Home: Annette Brooke's cat Billy has been voted Purr Minister 2015.

Annette told the Bournemouth Echo:
“I’m really thrilled that Billy has won, as I’m sure he will be, and he will be getting lots of extra treats. 
“It has been a pleasure to be involved in this opportunity to promote rescue centres such as Battersea Dogs & Cats Home, who do such good work. 
“We acquired Billy from a rescue centre in Dorset last July, and were so impressed with them. 
“My family stay in touch, letting them know how Billy is getting on, and I would really encourage anyone looking for a new pet to re-home from a rescue.”
What impresses me about Billy is that he cooperated in the taking of this winsome photograph, which must surely have played a part in his victory.

Faced with a camera, any other cat would have affected an expression of extreme indifference. I have still not forgiven Albany.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So should the party be getting Nick Clegg to sit in the sink and play with a ball?

It's got to be worth a try.